We are a dietary supplement manufacturer located in Torrance, CA
We are looking for entry-level QA/QC technician(s).
The Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control(QC) Technician(s) have the primary responsibility for protecting the food by conducting food safety and quality sampling, testing, and documentation to meet all regulatory, customer and US Pharmatech Inc. requirements.
SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITY
The QA Technician is responsible for conducting food safety and quality assurance procedures document review to ensure the Company is in compliance with best practices for food safety and quality. The QA Technician reports to the Director of Food Safety and Quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for meeting all applicable food regulations (international, national, state, and local)
• Responsible for complying with Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standards (i.e. BRC)
• Responsible for sampling, testing, and documentation of the Quality Systems including procedures, records, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
• Works to maintain the safety, legality and quality of each food and the processes used in their manufacture
• Responsible for meeting and exceeding customer requirements
• Works to reduce consumer/customer complaints
• Reports food safety and quality issues to supervisors
• Authorized to hold products and ingredients based on food safety or quality non-conformance
• Participates in daily food evaluation to identify possible defects
• Participates in the monthly plant inspections (pest control, operational methods, maintenance for food safety, sanitation, personnel practices, etc)
• Analyze food items at specified stages in the production process for compliance to specification
• Ensures appropriate communication of food safety and QA issues with supervisors
• Calibrate and verify instruments to make sure they are functioning properly
• Other duties may be assigned and QA Technician is expected to effectively manage and execute changes
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The education, technical qualifications, experience are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Required: Bilingual fluency in English and Korean
• Effective work ethic and good communication skills
• High School Diploma, some college science courses or experience in the food industry
• Good writing, mathematical and critical thinking skills
• Experience in computers including spreadsheets
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $25.00 per hour.
Please send your resume to email@example.com