If you want an exciting
opportunity in a women`s fast fashion retail industry, join BeMuse team as an
Assistant Buyer! BeMuse is a startup e-tailer
offering a wide range of
fashionable women`s apparel and a unique assortment of accessories, shoes,
beauty & home. As an Assistant Buyer,
you will be responsible for supporting the Buyer in all aspects of execution of
the overall merchandise strategies. This is an incredible growth
opportunity for the passionate individual who has a love for fashion and a
desire to learn & grow!
- Perform the administrative functions supporting the
buying team, including purchase order management (style set up, order
entry, maintenance, tracking and receiving), while building foundational
- Provide basic analysis of key business data and
reporting, as directed by Buyer, including the monitoring of merchandise
reports, Open-To-Buy, stock analysis and other ad hoc reports.
- Assist Buyer in assortment planning for women`s apparel
& non-apparel product categories.
- Support Buyer with vendor management and communication.
May negotiate pricing, chargebacks and discounts as directed.
- Manage all PP & TOP samples including tracking and
pass-off to internal photo team.
- Ensure timely delivery of merchandise through
communication with Buyer, merchant teams, and external vendors.
- Begin to effectively utilize the merchandising systems
and understand warehouse process.
- Develop and demonstrate basic product knowledge through
sharing information with Buyer as a result of competitive shopping and the
- Review online promotions and recommend possible
programs to implement.
- Review new receipts and zero selling report daily.
- Support Buyers in preparation of key business meetings.
(i.e. vendor appointments, style-outs, assortment planning)
- Understand the demographics of BeMuse customers.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities are subject to
change at any time.
- Associate or Bachelor`s degree or the equivalent in
- 1+ years of experience in buying fast fashion apparel
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation
- Understand retail vocabulary and the application of
- Have the ability to analyze a problem and formulate a
logical rationale for the decision
- Demonstrate initiative, are conscientious and provide
complete follow through on all aspects of responsibility
- Must have excellent time-management skills and ability
to meet deadlines with little to no supervision in a fast moving,
- Great organizational skills, attention to detail and
- Proficiency in using MS Office Suite including Excel
(pivot tables & v-lookups), Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.