Newracom, a leading semiconductor company at the cutting edge of Wi-Fi technology, is looking for an IT Support Assistant to join their team.
- Performs initial setup, software installation, testing, and security hardening of computer server systems
- Performs daily operations of managing server systems.
- Maintains software, including testing, evaluation and installation of new versions or authorized modifications to custom and vendor-supp lied operating systems and related software.
- Works with hardware and software vendors to diagnose and correct problems.
- Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions.
- Install, configure, and maintain personal computers, file servers, Ethernet networks, network cabling and other related equipment, devices and systems.
- Perform and/or oversee software and application development, installation and upgrades.
- Maintain site licenses for department/organization.
- Troubleshoot networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Maintain confidentiality with regards to the information being processed, stored access by the network.
- Assist personnel of other departments as a computer resource.
- Manage company IT asset (computers and equipment) including purchasing, inspection, and maintenance.
- Hands-on technical knowledge of network systems, protocols, and standards
- Assist in the administration of network workstations, utilizing one or more TCP/IP or non-TCP/IP networking protocols and/or one or more LINUX-based operating systems.
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare documents for staffs
- Miscellaneous duties as required.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to organize tasks
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Ability to interact with staff of all level
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work in an environment with frequent interruptions
- Minimum 1 year of related experience is required.
- Associate degree is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Bilingual: Fluency in Korean is required.
- Certifications in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco, System and Network Administration a plus.
- Starting $30,000/year based on experience
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance (Employee 100% premium covered, Dependents 75% premium covered)
- 401K (50:50 Employer Match up to 3% of salary)
About NEWRACOM, INC.
NEWRACOM is a leading semiconductor company to provide a broad range of Wi-Fi chipsets that cover various connectivity needs in our lives. We specially provide innovative low-power and long-range Wi-Fi solutions that can serve multiple applications including mobile devices, wearables, digital home, home automation, healthcare, and industrial automation.
For more information, please visit: www.newracom.com
Job Type: Full-time