***REMOTE POSITION AVAILABLE IF CANDIDATE RESIDES IN CALIFORNIA***
Majestic Home Loan is a mortgage lender licensed in 30 states that is dedicated to helping homeowners, home buyers, and mortgage professionals achieve their financing goals by delivering innovative mortgage solutions and an unparalleled customer experience.
We are currently seeking an experienced FHA/VA Underwriter to join our team in at our Ontario corporate office. In this position, you will work with our Retail and Wholesale team to ensure mortgage loan applications meet program/product specification.
- Working knowledge of FHA guidelines, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, USDA and VA guidelines.
- Well-developed understanding of mortgage processing, underwriting and closing procedures
- Minimum of 5 years of recent Conventional/FHA/USDA underwriting experience
- Experience in Wholesale and Retail Lending
- DE and/or SAR designation
- Excellent analytical, organizational, verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently, in a fast-paced environment
- Strong desire to learn and begin a long-term career with the right company
- Manual mortgage underwriting experience.
- Management and oversight of your pipeline
- Analysis and assessments of risk factors
- Accurately evaluate and underwrite mortgage loan files submitted by retail and wholesale production channels, in accordance with company policy and guidelines.
- Underwriting and clearing conditions, efficiently handling underwriting work load
- Responsible for communication with closing agents, internal and external customers, verifying the accuracy of documentation
- Communicate changes in deadlines, schedules, etc. to all required parties
This is a full time position with a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, vision and dental insurance.
MHL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to employment diversity.
Job Type: Full-time
Please send your resume to email@example.com